CFA ® : Chartered Financial Analyst
The CFA® programis recognized as a Gold standard program by Wall Street. Over 200,000 students write exam to get CFA® certification. The cfa course is conducted around the globe in more than 130 countries. The program is run by CFA Institute, USA since’1963 as a non-profit organization.
The program is now getting huge success in India due to saturation in other courses like CA and MBA. Also, candidates are able to fetch good jobs in India and it open wide opportunities to work around the globe.
If you have confusion on the cost of the course visit this page CFA Fee. It’ll give you a comparative approach how CFA course is worth value for money.
• CFA Course has 3 levels (1, 2, 3)
• Average duration to pass all three level is 2 to 2.5 years
• Your have to study 10 subjects in Level 1,2 and 6 subjects in Level 3.
• CFA Charter can be obtained after passing all 3 levels with 4+ years of work-ex.
• To earn a Charter you must have 4 years of qualified investment work experience.
• However, you can get a decent job even after level 1.
• iPlan Education gives you 100% assistance in getting a good job.
Ethical and Professional Standards (total)
Investment Tools (total)
Financial Reporting and Analysis
Asset Classes (total)
Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning (total)
Bachelors Degree or be in the final year of Bachelor degree program
- Level 1 exam is held in June and December
- Last date of registration without late fine: 20 Aug’14
- Exam Date: 1st Sunday of December
- CFA L1 Exam has 240 questions – 6 hrs
- Question Type MCQ with No negative marking
- Exam is pen paper based.
- Calculator is allowed
- Centers are currently in India and abroad.
- Registration and Exam Fee: $1240
- (Last date to register in cfa course without late fine:20-Aug-2014)
- You have options of Free PDF Books or Printed books to buy.
- Make sure you have a valid passport. Without Passport you can not register.
- Award and Recognition
• Best Institute in Financial Services Training – BIG Reseach’2013
• Rated 4.5 buy students out of 5.
• Authorized Exam Preparation Provider of GARP
• ISO 9001:2008 Certified
• 7000+ Fan following
• Working professionals from 89 MNCs
• 6000+ student from various colleges
• Students from 14 states and 6 countries
• We have been conducting professional training and workshops for B-schools and companies like FMS, IMT, BITS, BVP, Morning star, M3M, Alankit, Angel and more.
• Reliable Solutions – Mumbai
• South Egg Capital – UK
• Blue Ocean Global Wealth – USA
FAQ : CFA Program
What if I fail in the CFA Exam? Do I’ve to pay again?
First time you have to pay registration+examination fees. Which is currently $ 1240. If you fail you’ve to pay $ 800 as exmination fee.
Are their enough Jobs for CFA?
Yes, CFA’s are working in 100+ countries. You can work in India and abroad both. It is recommended you should start working just after Level 1.
How CFA is different from MBA?
MBA is a management program. In MBA Finance you learn finance but for business administration purpose. You learn Marketing, HR, Operations, Financial Management and then after Internship you go for Finance Specialization.
Whereas, A CFA is expert into Financial Analysis. He studies only Investment and Finance through out the CFA program.
How CFA is different than CA/CPA?
CA/CPA is all about Accounting, Taxation and Auditing. CFA is about Investments and Financial Analysis. Normally, where CA finishes his job CFA starts from their.
Friend told me CFA is hard to pass?
CFA has an average passing rate of 38%. Whereas, CA got average 6%, Bank PO hardly 2%, CAT just 4%. So, It’s not hard to pass. Yes, you need discipline in studies. You may need to devote 300 hours in studies to clear CFA Level 1.
How much salary I can get?
Standard salary around the globe is $100,000 (annual) for a CFA Charter. However, You can start working just after level 1 and can get between $6000 to $8000 in India.
How can I register for CFA?
You have to simply visit https://www.cfainstitute.org/ for registration. Fill in the details and make payments. You need to have a passport to register.
Arpit, ING Vysya